Earlier this week we were given a font to research and ten create a type specimen on. My font was Caslon Pro.
I started off by researching a variety of specimen and typographic posters, which I have included below:
Using the posters that I researched for inspiration, I designed some of my own rough layouts and picked out favourite parts from the poster that I liked. From looking at the posters, I decided on using the character ‘g’ as a focus point on my poster as it was particularly pretty and interesting. I also liked the letter ‘a’ and ‘Q’ so decided to use these as well.
I also did research for the three paragraphs that we needed to include on the poster – one on the type’s designer, another about the type itself, and the third about the context.
Click here to view (in PDF form) the final outcome of my specimen poster.